STRATAGEM COST Action (New diagnostic and therapeutic tools against multidrug resistant tumors) has created a “Task Force” of researchers contributing to Covid-19 research. The main objective of this task force is to synthesize new drugs or identify FDA approved drugs which could be repurposed as antiviral agents against SARS-CoV-2 and contribute to diagnosis or prognosis of Covid-19. The coordinators of this task force identified the need to expand their network by collaborating with scientists with complementary expertise. To this end, they contacted Chairs from other COST Actions with added expertise on medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, cellular biology, molecular biology, genetics, systems medicine, medicine, bioinformatics and virology. Consequently, an informal inter-COST Actions network was initiated.
Actions taking part in the inter-network (to date)
- New diagnostic and therapeutic tools against multidrug resistant tumors (Stratagem)
- Catalysing transcriptomics research in cardiovascular disease (CardioRNA)
- Multi-target paradigm for innovative ligand identification in the drug discovery process (MuTaLig)
- Open Multiscale Systems Medicine (OpenMultiMed)
- European Network on Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (EUROMENE)
- Anti-Microbial Coating Innovations to prevent infectious diseases (AMICI)
Do get in touch to join the EU-CardioRNA COVID-19 Task force.
COVID-19 Task force EHJ publication